- RSS Channel Showcase 5255649
- RSS Channel Showcase 1329059
- RSS Channel Showcase 3459815
- RSS Channel Showcase 8431452
Articles on this Page
- 11/23/17--09:55: _Kansas reviewing se...
- 11/28/17--07:26: _US stocks move high...
- 12/08/17--02:33: _Children’s Cabinet ...
- 12/29/17--14:20: _Iowa agency to rele...
- 01/11/18--13:59: _Uber used tech tool...
- 01/16/18--09:01: _Illinois delays sen...
- 01/19/18--10:49: _Do Maryland police ...
- 01/20/18--06:03: _Michigan State crea...
- 02/01/18--02:35: _NYC college creates...
- 02/09/18--10:41: _Minnesota prosecuto...
- 02/28/18--14:31: _Rights group allege...
- 03/03/18--15:28: _Baltimore candidate...
- 03/16/18--23:23: _Trump-linked data a...
- 03/17/18--14:35: _The Latest: Firm em...
- 03/19/18--06:44: _Markets Right Now: ...
- 11/23/17--09:55: Kansas reviewing security for voter registration database
- 11/28/17--07:26: US stocks move higher in afternoon trading; oil falling
- 12/08/17--02:33: Children’s Cabinet launches online education, work site
- 12/29/17--14:20: Iowa agency to release data on new family planning program
- 01/11/18--13:59: Uber used tech tool to shield data from police outside US
- 01/16/18--09:01: Illinois delays sending voter data to multi-state program
- 01/19/18--10:49: Do Maryland police target minorities? The data can’t tell us
- 01/20/18--06:03: Michigan State creating online hub of slave trade data
- 02/01/18--02:35: NYC college creates state’s first slavery history database
- 02/09/18--10:41: Minnesota prosecutors object to giving data to Prince family
- 02/28/18--14:31: Rights group alleges China using big data as repression tool
- 03/03/18--15:28: Baltimore candidate creates database of officers’ names
- 03/16/18--23:23: Trump-linked data analysis firm taps 50M Facebook profiles
- 03/17/18--14:35: The Latest: Firm employed by Trump campaign tapped Facebook
- 03/19/18--06:44: Markets Right Now: Tech stock sink; Facebook takes a beating
TOPEKA, Kan. — A Kansas election official says a multistate voter registration database the state manages is being reviewed for security concerns. The Kansas secretary of state’s office manages the Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program database, the Lawrence Journal-World reported . The program contains voter registration information for millions of voters in more than 25
Financial companies led U.S. stocks broadly higher Tuesday afternoon as investors weighed encouraging data on consumer confidence and housing. Industrial and retail companies also posted solid gains. Homebuilders rose. Only real estate stocks lagged. The latest batch of company earnings and deal news also helped lift the market. KEEPING SCORE: The Standard & Poor’s 500
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois has turned to an online database to help form policy decisions on health, safety, education and work opportunities for residents younger than 25. Gov. Bruce Rauner’s Cabinet on Children and Youth inaugurated the dashboard Thursday. It will be a go-to resource for the public as well as member agencies of the
DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa agency will release a report early next year designed to start measuring the impact of a new state-funded family planning program that excludes abortion providers like Planned Parenthood. The Iowa Department of Human Services plans to release program data on Jan. 8. The report will include information on patient
NEW YORK — The ride-sharing company Uber confirmed Thursday that it had technology to shield company data when law enforcement raided its offices outside the U.S. Uber spokeswoman Melanie Ensign said this tool — no longer in use — could lock computers and smartphones and change passwords remotely from the company’s headquarters in San Francisco.
CHICAGO — Illinois will postpone submitting fresh voter information to a controversial multi-state voter registration database because the Kansas-based program has not offered updated security plans, election officials confirmed Tuesday. The move comes as several states debate ending their participation in the free and voluntary Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program. It was designed in 2005
BALTIMORE — In an effort to track how police officers are treating minorities, the Maryland General Assembly passed a law requiring police departments to report whom they stop and search. But 17 years later, the statistics that the police departments around the state are filing are incomplete and unreliable, a Capital News Service analysis has
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University is creating an online hub of data and documents related to the slave trade. MSU says it’s using a roughly $1.5 million grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to develop a website that links collections from numerous universities. It’s designed to allow people to search millions of
NEW YORK — A City University of New York college says it has compiled the state’s first slavery records index. The New York Slavery Index , created by CUNY’s John Jay College of Criminal Justice, provides records dating from 1525 through the Civil War. WNBC-TV reports the database includes records, documents, narratives and other sources
CHASKA, Minn. — Minnesota prosecutors say they’ll object to releasing data connected to Prince’s death because a criminal investigation is ongoing. KSTP-TV reported this week that attorneys for Prince’s family members are requesting access to investigative data as the siblings determine whether to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Prince died April 21, 2016, from an
BEIJING — Human Rights Watch says it has found new evidence that authorities in one of China’s most repressive regions are sweeping up citizens’ personal information in a stark example of how big-data technology can be used to police a population — and potentially abused. The rights group used government procurement documents, media reports and
BALTIMORE — A candidate for Baltimore state’s attorney has created an online database of police officers’ names after they were removed from a public website. The Baltimore Sun reported Saturday that Thiru Vignarajah shared the information after the Maryland Judiciary removed the names of officers and other law enforcement authorities over safety concerns. The names
WASHINGTON — A data analysis firm employed by President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign tapped the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, allowing it to capitalize on the private social media activity of a large portion of the U.S. electorate, newspapers reported Saturday. One of the largest data leaks in Facebook
WASHINGTON — The Latest on a data firm that worked with the Trump campaign, tapping Facebook profiles, (all times local): 5:45 p.m. A data analysis firm employed by President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign tapped the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, allowing it to capitalize on the private social media
NEW YORK — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local): 4 p.m. Technology stocks led a broad decline on Wall Street, led by a plunge in Facebook following reports that a company employed by the Trump campaign improperly obtained data on tens of millions of users. Facebook sank 7 percent in heavy